Tuesday, January 21

I'm Just Gonna Say Some Things.

I just read this blog post.

And it made me think some things.

I had started to write a different blog post. But was I writing it for my glory or for God's?

Writing is simultaneously the one thing I know I am gifted and called to do and the one thing in which I most desperately want the world's approval. 

I want to know the Lord more. I want to love Him more. I want to do more for Him and the people He loves than I do for myself.

Sometimes I feel like I don't know how or where to start. 

I want to live in radical devotion and dedication to Him.

I want to love Him unabashedly.

I want to be my own person without apology.

I feel like something is holding me down and preventing me from doing that. 

I feel like I've been living with weights instead of the lightness that I desire.

I feel like living in cities and suburbs is killing my soul.

I'm 29 and single, and I am convinced that I want to live in a small town.

Even to me, that sounds crazy.

I am ever so sick of the "noise." All of the voices telling you a million different things, but mostly always echoing similar sentiments: be more, get more, do more.

The physical noise (I live next to a highway).

I don't want to - be about all the "more."

There's some "more" that I need. I need more money so that I can pay the bills. I want to be able to buy what I need and stop living paycheck to paycheck. I need new winter boots. A splash of paint in my room to lift my creative spirits.

But mostly I just want to be free to run hard after Jesus and love His people without all the noise. 

Is hibernation an option?

I'm in the middle of applying for a new full-time position. Acquiring one was 2014's first mission.

I'm applying to some here and there. Some stuck in big town, and any decent ones I can find in the small towns.

I'm waiting to find out where I will end up.

I'm waiting to end up somewhere so that I can map out the rest of my year and the rest of my goals.

Until then, I'm in limbo. 

I've given myself a due date of March 1st.

March 1st is my 30th birthday.

That and the new year, they've been making me ask some big questions. Mostly about... what I want my life to look like if I never have any of the traditional markers of significance: family, prestigious jobs, fame, money.

 What do I want?



2 comments:

Kristen Steele said...

LOVE this post, thanks for sharing your heart with us!!

Sara F. said...

Thank you, Kristin! I keep falling for the lie that I have to write more polished, "together" posts, but this is just who I am and how I write, so I'm gonna roll with it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I moderate all comments for appropriate content. As soon as yours is approved, it will appear on my blog. God bless you on your journey to live a sweetly chosen life! ~ Sara Beth

 

You are Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger